Trackers are objects created in EasyPost comprised of a carrier (USPS, FedEx, DHL, etc) and a tracking code for the shipment. Trackers are constantly updated to reflect the latest shipment statuses passed through by the carriers. In addition to receiving these updates, EasyPost also provides a custom tracking URL with every tracker that can be used to enhance the branding experience.
Trackers can be created in two ways. Purchasing a shipment via EasyPost API will automatically create a tracker, or they can be created separately for shipments generated outside of EasyPost (a separate fee or subscription may be required for this).
Trackers page elements
- Navigation link to the Tracker page
- Links to our official API documentation and help guides on trackers
- Filters to help you narrow the returned results by environment, date range and shipment status.
- CSV report button. This report will export via the current filter settings (please keep date range to 31 days or less).
- Search for individual trackers. Input a value in the search bar and hit enter on your keyboard or click the 'Search' button.
- Existing trackers (that meet your filter criteria) will be displayed on this page. Click the 'Details' arrow to see more information about the tracker.
- This is the custom tracking URL, one is created for tracker you create (example tracking page here)
- Tracking updates from the carrier are listed on the side panel (from label creation --> delivery)
- Code Snippet (JSON) for the tracker. This contains each carrier update, delivery destination, carrier/code, the EasyPost tracking URL, etc.
NOTE: EasyPost will attempt to find the 'best fit' carrier if a tracker is created using only a tracking code. However, it is best practice to always supply EastPost with both the carrier and the code to ensure the correct shipment can be identified.